Climax M-Packer, complete with all necessary controls, drives, and other features as listed below:
ZONE 1: PRODUCT INFEED CONVEYOR (and related components)
- Infeed can conveyors consisting of plastic, mat-top conveyor.
- There are TWO single lanes on the M-Packer — feeding directly into the product loading area (ZONE 2). Product must be directed to EACH of these lanes.
- Infeed conveyor is powered by a 1/2 HP variable speed A/C motor & gearbox. The motor is equipped with a Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) to accommodate belt speed adjustments.
- Infeed conveyor height – 43 inches. Climax will confirm this elevation shortly after receiving the Purchase Order and engineering samples for this project.
- Once the cans are presented to the product loading area (ZONE 2), the cans behind the two cans to be loaded are held in place (starwheel) to relieve line pressure.
- Product Accumulation Sensor — to insure a smooth, steady flow of product to the loading zone.
- Can Metering—Cans are metered into the load station by star-wheels.
ZONE 2: PRODUCT LOADING AND GLUING SECTION (and related components)
- The Product Loading and Gluing section is powered by a SERVO motor and drive to ensure exact product movement and location for the various operations performed on the product and 4-pack carton blank.
- The 4-pack carton blanks are loaded into an overhead hopper.
- Product is side-loaded by pushers from both sides of the product infeed conveyor, and loaded into the erected 4-pack blank. Once this operation is completed, the servo motor advances the lug-belt that moves the loaded blank to the next step in the process.
- As the loaded blank is being moved forward, hot melt glue is applied to the side flaps of the 4-pack carton blank.
- Once glue is applied to the 4-pack blank, the product is indexed forward again by the servo where the leading edge of the product comes in contact with a spring loaded drum that folds the leading side flap partially around the front of the product. A rear kicker cylinder is then activated that folds the trailing side flap partially around the rear of the product.
- Once the leading and trailing side flaps are positioned, a cylinder is actuated from underneath that folds the glued side flap into position over the leading and trailing side flaps, thus completing the formation of the 4-pack carton.
- The 4-pack carton is indexed forward through two more stations where the fresh glue joints are held in compression for approximately four seconds.
- The completed 4-pack carton is then transferred to the accumulation/discharge conveyor (ZONE 3).
- The M-Packer is equipped with a Nordson hot melt glue system. Nordson is the standard for Climax, but others may be substituted if requested by the customer.
ZONE 3: ACCUMULATION/DISCHARGE CONVEYOR (and related components)
- Continuous feed belt-type accumulation conveyor to smoothly transport the loaded cartons to the end of the M-Packer, where the cartons are transferred to the take-away conveyor of Alliance Labeling Inc..
- The accumulation/discharge conveyor is powered by a 1/2 HP variable speed A/C motor and gearbox. The motor is equipped with a Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) to accommodate belt speed adjustments.
- Take-away conveyor height (NOT supplied by Climax) — ELEVATION 43”.
- In order to detect the presence of filled 4-packs that have stopped on the take-away conveyor downstream from the Climax M-Packer, a sensor is provided that should be installed on the take-away conveyor by Alliance Labeling Inc.. If cartons start to back up and the sensor is blocked, a signal will be sent back to the M-Packer and the operation will be held up until the sensor is no longer blocked.
ELECTRICALS & CONTROLS
- NEMA 12 electrical package — wired for 460 VAC, 60 HZ, 3 PH
- PLC Controls — Allen-Bradley is the standard for Climax.
- PanelView 600 Operator Station mounted on one side of the M-Packer.
- An additional E-Stop will be located opposite the operator station of the M-Packer.
- Mechanical lockout on the electrical cabinet and main air supply inlet.
- Strong and robust carbon steel frame construction with a two-part stainless steel epoxy paint primer and finish coat is standard for Climax equipment.
- Conveyors are manufactured from stainless steel for easy cleanup.
- Permanently lubricated and sealed bearings are used throughout construction.
- Safety guards of Polycarbonate doors with safety interlocks in appropriate areas.
- This Climax equipment is designed to be as TOOL-LESS in operation as is possible. Hand cranks, twist knobs, hand ratchets, and twist-lock handles have been implemented wherever they are feasible without jeopardizing the integrity or operation of the equipment.
- An operation and maintenance manual included.
- Start up and training is INCLUDED with this proposal; TWO days have been assumed in the plant of Alliance Labeling Inc. (specifications are outlined at the back of the proposal).
- Twelve (12) month parts warranty included