Climax Com-Pak Automatic Drop Packer. Complete with all necessary controls, drives, and other features as listed below:
BOTTLE CONVEYOR (and related components)
- Plastic, mat-top conveyor — THREE belts wide.
- The middle belt of the chain will be extended beyond the basic frame of the bottle conveyor (36 inch “tongue extension”). The infeed bottle conveyor can butt along side this tongue; this will allow for a smooth side transfer of the bottles rather than forcing them across a dead plate.
- Quick-adjust clamp system to stop and hold back the containers from entering the grid area until the proper timing. There is one air cylinder and clamp for each lane; they are tied to sensors in the grid area, under the control of the packer’s PLC. Quick and simple changeovers are accomplished by a hand crank that adjusts the height of all clamps at the same time. A digital counter is included to help establish settings for each different container.
- Stainless steel drip pan underneath the entire length of the bottle conveyor to contain any product spillage that might take place from damaged or loosely capped bottles.
- The width between each lane guide is established by a system of quick-adjust lane spacers that are hung across the three lane guide support crowns. The width is basically determined by the bottle diameter or width; the number of sets required will be determined once engineering samples are received.
- 1.0 HP variable-speed motor drive for the conveyor.
- Climax universal grid with shifting rails is the standard grid with all Climax packers
CASE CONVEYOR (and related components)
- Continuous feed, belt-type case conveyor to smoothly transport the empty cases to the case elevator. It includes a case clamp and indexing mechanism that can be adjusted for a wide variety of sizes of cases or trays.
- Quick-adjust case guide rails — A smooth operating hand crank adjusts the guide rails in and out for quick and simple changeovers. A digital counter provides a “memory setting” for each case.
- 1 HP fixed-speed motor drive for case conveyor
- Energy absorbing case elevator to lift the cases in order to shorten the distance that the bottles will drop. The elevator operation is controlled by two air cylinders.
- In order to detect the presence of filled cases that have stopped downstream from the Climax packer, a sensor is provided that should be installed on the discharge case conveyor of the customer. If cases start to back up and the sensor is blocked, a signal will be sent back to the packer. The packer’s operation will be held up until the sensor is no longer blocked.
ELECTRICALS & CONTROLS
- NEMA 12 electrical package — wired for 460 or 230 VAC, 60 HZ, 3 PH. The voltage needs to be confirmed when the Purchase Order is issued.
- PLC Controls — Allen-Bradley is the standard for Climax, but others may be substituted if requested by the customer (assuming it will not jeopardize the operation of the equipment).
- PanelView c400 Operator Station mounted at the grid area of the packer; an additional
- E-Stop will be located on the other side of the equipment.
- Mechanical lockout on the electrical cabinet
- Safety interlocked Lexan guarding
CLIMAX Lane Divider — To distribute the containers from one lane to multiple lanes. This is a standard feature of the Com-Pak drop packer.
- Mounted on the frame of an extension of the packer’s bottle conveyor; it adds 48 inches to the length of the bottle conveyor — making the overall length of the packer to be twelve feet.
- The operation of the lane divider is tied into the PLC of the case packer; this allows for an unlimited number of preset programs.
- Stepper motor driven ball screw that provides a positive, quick shifting motion for the swing arm as well as precise placement in relation to the lane guides.
- Special bottle clamp system to momentarily stop the cans at the end of the swing arm while it is shifting its position.
- Sensor optic counting system
- Strong and robust carbon steel construction with “Steel-It” primer and finish coat is standard for Climax equipment. Stainless steel or other painted finishes are available as options.
- Permanently lubricated and sealed bearings where available; clustered lubrication fittings where available on other bearings that require lubrication
- Safety interlocked Lexan guarding
- This Climax equipment is designed to be as TOOL-LESS in operation as is possible. Hand cranks, twist knobs, hand ratchets, and twist-lock handles have been implemented wherever they are feasible without jeopardizing the integrity or operation of the equipment.
- An operation and maintenance manual included.
- Stainless Steel Bottle and Case Conveyor. (Acetone has been known to corrode Steel-It primer and finish coat if not properly removed and maintained. We will manufacture the bottle and case conveyors out of stainless steel for this application.)
- Start up and training is INCLUDED; TWO days have been assumed in the plant of the customer (specifications are outlined at the back of the proposal).
- Twelve (12) month parts warranty included